Immortalizing moments has never been as easy as it is today. With the rise of the smartphone along with its innovative camera features, came the rise of the “selfie generation.” Needless to say, we are not immune to this new development – well most of us, anyway!
Studies show that camera phone users take an average of 150 photos every month while the use of video as a means of communication has dramatically increased especially since the start of the Corona Virus (COVID19) pandemic. Keeping in touch with our loved ones during this fragile period in human history is now more important than ever.
So how does one feel confident and comfortable in front of a camera at this time in your life? Here are seven easy steps to taking confident selfies after 40!
1.Look good and feel confident with naturally healthy skin! The rest of the steps don’t matter if you don’t treat your skin right, even before taking those gorgeous selfies. You and your skin can look dull and dehydrated without proper preparation. It all boils down to your naturally healthy skin.
Don’t fret! Our Glam Facial Trio Treatment is here to help you. In three easy steps, these products will help address the dramatic changes your skin goes through from 40 and beyond. Celebrate your inner and outer beauty with our Celebrate Detoxifying Face Mask. Reveal your inner and outer youthful glow with our Reveal Triple Peptide Serum. Last but definitely not least, empower yourself to confidently take those amazing selfies with our Empower Moisturizing Day Treatment. Get all three products in a bundle!
2. Go on and wear clothes with bright and vibrant colors. Wearing these bright and high-energy colors can actually take years off of your appearance. Plus, it adds to the fun of taking your selfies confidently at any age!
Show everyone that bright, confident smile! To achieve that youthful smile, whitening your teeth or removing teeth stains are both viable options. You can do this naturally with the use of baking soda and water after regular brushing with toothpaste. And of course! Show everyone that carefree, toothy smile! Wrinkles or not – it won’t matter, people will be too focused on the vibrant energy you’ll be giving off in that photo!
3. Lighting matters. From natural light to artificial ones where you use your camera flash – lighting plays a big role in how your selfies will turn out. When indoors, make sure to face a natural light source (an open window is good!). In darker places, avoid harsh overhead lights that give off unflattering shadows. To avoid squinting at the sun when taking selfies outside, make sure to turn away.
4. Lighting matters. From natural light to artificial ones where you use your camera flash – lighting plays a big role in how your selfies will turn out. When indoors, make sure to face a natural light source (an open window is good!). In darker places, avoid harsh overhead lights that give off unflattering shadows. To avoid squinting at the sun when taking selfies outside, make sure to turn away from the sun while angling your camera so that your head blocks the sun in the photo. Lastly, when the sun is nowhere in sight, take that selfie outside where you don’t have to worry about squinting and unflattering shadows!
5. Angles, Angles, Angles. We all have that angle where we neither look nor feel good. Take your time and find the best angles for you. Capturing selfies at different angles can also give people different perspectives of your beautiful skin, face, and body! It could be a close up shot where your face fills the whole photo. Or, it could also be a full shot where you show the entirety of your body and your amazing outfit for the day. Whatever suits you!
6. Don’t forget to wipe your camera lens. Hazy and blurred images are a result of a dirty, smudged lens. Make sure that you wipe any dirt or residue off your lens before posing for that selfie.
7. Relax, have fun, and take lots of pictures! Hit that shutter button as many times as you want as you play with various poses, angles, lighting, expressions, and clothes, even! Feel good, have fun, and try to relax as much as possible to get that perfect selfie.
Once satisfied with your selfie, share it with your loved ones and show them what aging with confidence truly looks like!